shveddy

New Replay Action Cam

I would be very interested to see how the video quality compares to the GoPro and Sony, particularly at the higher frame rates.

I owned the Replay XD1080 and no other camera beats its ease of use for skydiving. The successor the 1080Mini scored quite good on the action camera comparison. So this new Prime X sounds perfect if it delivers on the video quality.

Personally I like the 140 FOV. Wide enough to capture most of what happens, and it doesn't give that ugly fish eye effect quite as much.

I'll be interested to see how this camera comes out, but won't be one of the early adopters since i was very disappointed with the xdMini.

First impressions were all good, until i actually got to record stuff and saw how god awful the image quality is.

720 mode is unusable, and 1080 still comes grainy, bland, can't deal with any sort of movement, and it's unable to make its mind on light settings. The "wide" angle of the lens is also not great unless you use a ringsight so as to capture what you want.

A same because it sounded like a good camera on paper. Lets see if the new model can solve the issues.

it's a great little camera. Some of the footage you'll see on the end cap POP, came from me. Super stable, and with the crop factor, it simply rocks the video world. Blows the GP out of the water at 4K.

I'll be doing another camera shootout this spring, once the CES announcements are shipping.