gilead1

GOPRO 4 Black sucks!!!!

new camera freeze al the time,
I checked the GOPRO official website and there was an software update,
I did the update but it gets worst,
once I push the record button it freeze....
when I got it I thought GOPRO will not make the HERO 3 mistake again.... So stupid, and I sold my perfectly good Hero 3+ [:/]

3mpire

I stopped buying GoPros after the Hero 2. Their quality--especially firmware--is absolutely unacceptable given their price point. They clearly don't care about it because people just buy them up anyway.

I agree.
It's about a year ago there was threads all over internet about GoPro 3 freezing.
And now they did it again!

If they keep doing this I believe people won't buy their cameras until they have published a few updates

gilead1

when I got it I thought GOPRO will not make the HERO 3 mistake again.... So stupid, and I sold my perfectly good Hero 3+ [:/]

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice...

If you buy something right after it gets released you are basically paying for an advanced prototype. Don't complain about a prototype that has issues. But maybe that's the price for having the newest bling and I just don't have enough style to get it.
Nice words are not always true - and true words are not always nice.

My pair of 3+ blacks suck too.

One had to be replaced under warranty, sensor failure.

My special edition black battery back pack sucks too. It doesn't drain the battery pack and then switch to camera battery. Battery back pack runs down on battery, then the camera shuts down and won't turn on unless I remove the battery back pack.

:|

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Unfortunately they either work great or they don't.

My new Hero 3+ Black, replaced under warranty, is giving me trouble now, it is two weeks old!

After charging from the camera body, with the camera off, it won't turn on easily. It takes multiple rounds of button pushes and battery pulls to turn on.

Great quality control, just great.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

My Hero4 Black also failed after 3 weekends in use. The sensor is giving me some green/yellow lines and artefacts now every once in a while. No SD Card issue, tried 3 different ones...
Waiting for a replacement since 2 weeks now.

Maxx

My Hero4 Black also failed after 3 weekends in use. The sensor is giving me some green/yellow lines and artefacts now every once in a while. No SD Card issue, tried 3 different ones...
Waiting for a replacement since 2 weeks now.

Hi Max
Welcome to the Club. Same issue. Send my Hero4 black back to Amazon for a refund. My Hero3 Black is also having issues.
provehito in altum

gilead1

Yep, hear ya there. nothing but trouble since Hero 2. Before you go Sony check this thread. http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4727263;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread I choose to keep mine but still some things to consider.