freeflyit

Canon Rebel T3, specific question

Hello, I read the other thread on this topic and some had suggested that because the memory card slot is on the bottom, this would make it difficult to deal with in between loads.

It was also noted that a quick release plate such as the goldmember could be grinded to allow quick access.

My question is, does anyone actually use this camera professionally and more specifically, if they have it on a quick release that allows quick access to the memory card?

Thank you.

I use a T3 with a Cookie Flat Lock mount and it is a pain sometimes to get into the card/battery. I typically just loosen the mounting screw enough to rotate the plate 180 degrees at which point I can open the slot and remove the card.

I've just gotten around the issue by using larger cards so I rarely have to dump my cards until the end of the day.

Yes, one of the members of our video staff at Chambersburg shoots the t3i with the goldmember quick-release plate, and does the screw/rotation thing (I think) sometimes - or uses the USB connect which is on the side (slow) - either way, slows the works down whenever he/it is in the rotation. Save bucks elsewhere... a perfectly good or refurbed even xti is IMO anyway - a better practical solution for the application.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Thanks for the replies, it's what I figured. The trouble is I already have the thing, so I'll have to make do.

But...I just ordered the small quad quick release off paragear, I think it may be filed/grinded enough to make it work. We shall see...

Thanks again.

Scrumpot

Yes, one of the members of our video staff at Chambersburg shoots the t3i with the goldmember quick-release plate, and does the screw/rotation thing (I think) sometimes - or uses the USB connect which is on the side (slow) - either way, slows the works down whenever he/it is in the rotation. Save bucks elsewhere... a perfectly good or refurbed even xti is IMO anyway - a better practical solution for the application.

The T3i has the SD card on the side, correct?
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

No, and that is precisely the problem here, that is causing the issue / concerns. The T3i's access bay to the SD card is located on the bottom of the camera body.

Scrumpot

No, and that is precisely the problem here, that is causing the issue / concerns. The T3i's access bay to the SD card is located on the bottom of the camera body.

The T3i that I have, and the T3i that my son has both have it on the right side. Perhaps there are other variations within that model. Both of mine are definitely T3i models.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

You are right. My mistake for inadvertently adding the "i" to my post. The OP was referring specifically to the Rebel T3, and that is what I meant as well. The T3i is in fact a "variant" on the T3.

The T3 (non-flip screen/12.x MP) has the SD card bay on the bottom.

You are quite correct, that the T3i (flip-screen/18.x MP) has the SD card bay, on the side.

My bad, for the typo, and causing the resultant confusion.

The card slot is side access but the battery is not, I machined access ports for my battery so I wouldn't have to mess with my alignment during a change out.. The New SL1 hat weighs not much more than a feather and is my new setup does have the card slot in the battery compartment located under the camera... No big deal, Already solved with previous mod.. A hack saw and file is all you need or a friendly neighborhood Machinist :)
The end result is directly connected to the effort applied