brwonder

GoPro Hero 2 Frozen

Early this season I replace one of my GoPro Hero with a Hero 2 on my handcam setup. A couple weeks ago I was bored one evening and decided to update the GoPro Hero 2.... (let's not get how unnecessary that was). Now it's frozen....

I followed every step. Now when I start it shows the video camera image -> changes to the home screen (The one with info and video quantities) but nothing works. I have to remove the battery to re restart it.
I have been reading online but nothing suggested worked. I even tried installing a previous firmware but I couldn't get to work.

I would appreciate any help.... even pointing me to a website that might have an answer.

Thanks

Try going through the menus several times during the first 10 seconds after switching on (before the home screen appears).
Stop in photo mode and shoot a still. If this works, put it on video mode. Video should then work when started before exit.

I had this problem after the second last fw upgrade. Couldn't change the fw anymore (by sd card). Only when a new fw upgrade was available through the GoPro SW I was able to change again. Since then, problem was gone.

It looked like my previous fw upgrade went wrong, but couldn't be bothered to send the GoPro in (around the world) for reloading the fw with a programmer. The above sequence worked for me (weekend jumper).

Thankfully, my cam works normally again, but in your case, I doubt there will be another fw upgrade for the 2...

No.1 reason NOT to be an astronaut: ...You can't drink beer at zero gravity...