Scrumpot

Best Current Sony - Compatible with Hypeye D-Pro?

Just what the title says...

I had just typed a long narrative post with a bunch of backstory as to why I am asking, but perhaps the internet gods intervened here saving you all that, by crashing my computer just before being able to post.

For reference, my current set up over the past 3 seasons has been a CX210 in a top-mount bonehead flattop box, controlled via Hypeye D-Pro.

I like the built in expanded FOV the 210 gave, over either the 150/160 series', but none of the above seem current production available.

Suggestions?

TIA,
-Grant
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Yeah - what she said... beat me to it!

What is being used for remote rec/pause and visual status indication with such, if not a Hypeye? I'm now "invested" in 2 Hypeye's, and would hate to think I just simply burned a $100 bill, and it now won't even light my cigar!! :P

Old tech...there are some hacks, but the fact is...iLink and it's replacement is dead. no one really cares about skydiving in the manufacturing world. T'is one of the reasons I really like Replay, their hard vibration lets you know exactly what the camera is doing. And trunk now has the new GoPro remote. And Sony, Drift, and Garmin have wrist indicators.

Apparently they also made changes to the programing/interface. I have an adapter and it was a no go for one of the new BOSS models (540)I picked up this year.

I sent it in to Trunk to take a look, and he said they have changed things such that the current hypeye will not work with it at all.

As far as I know, even with the right port, the new sonys won't work with a hypeye.

I've corresponded directly with Trunk on this - asking him in fact, quite specifically about this adapter, and this was his response:

Unfortunately there is no way to get the status of the camera even with an adapter. If it was an easy fix, trust me, I would implement it. We're sitting on a bunch of inventory that is also getting obsolete so trust me I have a vested interest in it.

Sony actually changed the protocol this year, so the hypeye and adapter will NOT work with these cameras. Unfortunately there is now a 2 wire protocol and we do not yet provide a solution for this.

I purchased a cx240, only to find it completely incompatible with the Hypeye - even unfortunately, with this adapter. [:/]

Bleh. Back to the drawing board....

I think this data is based on this years cameras, and the 400 series is last years. I think there are people using 400 series cameras with Hypeyes. I know the 530 (this years mode) does not work.

The 430-410 are 1-2 years old I believe.

Yes it does work with the CX410. A friend of mine has one and has been using it with the Hypeye. I've just snapped one up myself and will be using it with a Hypeye once I've figured out how to modify my camera box to fit the damn camera in! (It's a bit bigger than the CX115!)