BH_Composites

Bonehead Flat top pro *******Advisory******

Attention all flat top pro/Narrow users. Earlier this week a group of experienced camera flyers performed cut away tests on their helmets which DID NOT RELEASE. We have tested the system in house with suspicions causing the issue, but request everyone to perform tests. We have posted an advisory on Boneheads Facebook for you to review and post comments. Please take the time to read all four posts so we can narrow down a solution to the problem. Thanks
Bonehead Composites
(951) 943-1166
www.boneheadcomposites.com
www.facebook.com/boneheadcomposites

Has a solution ever been found? Cutting away my flat-top pro does not work as it should; the metal hinge does not always open by itself, I need to help it a bit after pulling the release. Not ideal, altough (after practicing it a couple of times) I am sure I will get it off my head if needed. Still, a better solution would be nice.

As per http://www.skydivemag.com/article/bonehead-cutaway,

If you would like the new hinge, anyone who bought their helmet after 1st Jan 2012 will get the new hinge free (with proof of purchase) and only pay shipping (it's small enough to ship US mail). Otherwise the cost of the new-style hinge will be $50.

Chris Frisella (chris (at) boneheadcomposites (dot) com) sorted me out and the replacement was only $30 (plus shipping).
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live