ludikris

Most widely accepted setup / video camera

Just piecing my first camera setup together for a bit of everything.. freefly / tandem / comp video ... The only thing I have so far is an NEX5r mirror less that I realize I have to crack open for a remote shutter release which I will deal with and Im pretty set on a Rawa to mount it all on.
Next step is a video camera. I have a drift ghost but I heard some people mention some Dz's not accepting go pro and such .. that they want CX video cameras.. at least for Tandem video reselling.
I saw Trunk's new turned on led for go pro which is awesome. I just don't know what direction to go in for sure.

Recommendations / thoughts on this ? I need to decide soonish.
Cheers.

ironically, I can't find my drift ghost... or maybe it was pinched...
that being said, I could use the NEX5R as my video camera and grab a dslr to put on top of my rawa for stills..? Ideally I wanted the NEX5R as my still camera to keep the setup low profile and light vs a large body dslr.

hmmmmm[:/]

CX150s and 100's still seem to be the most common video cameras you see. They do a nice job and work with the hypeye.

For stills, if you like the Sony, the Nex3N, and the newer 5000 are great cameras and you can get switches for them without having to crack the case open. I'm using a 3N this season, and so far so good.