ludikris

Opinions please- cookie g3 dual camera setup?

Just started videoing tandems myself. While i was training i was using a g3 and a go-pro. I was thinking of doing the same thing wiyh yhe duel camera mount. The video is a lot shakier from the g3. I got a camera helmet with a ratcheting chin strap and the shakes went away. Just remember its like everything else in skydiving, always use the right tools.

It doesn't seem like it would work for Pro level video due to the reasons listed in this thread... but some of the best teams in the country have been using that setup.

I know Bill and Justin (last 2 Airspeed Video guys) used that setup. I believe Arsenal did as well.

Those guys are putting ~1000 jumps a year into training and getting on the medal stand.... At some level it has to be working satisfactorily.

Tandem video and FF video are different things, flown very differently overall, and you said it best;

~1000 jumps a year into training

That's not the same scenario. Sure it _can_ work. There are faster ways to an acceptable product, however.

I haven't seen anyone use it for tandems, but I was surprised at how many guys were using it at Nationals.

To me... it really shouldn't work at all. It just doesn't seem like it would be secure enough (FTP guy here) or stable enough to get good video. I haven't tried it, but when you see it more commonly, including some of the best teams in the world.... I can't help but think that my initial conclusions might not be totally accurate.