Oyinko

New multidirectional GoPro Mount

Have a look at this new GoPro Mount. It allows to quickly change the angle of the camera. An ideal accessory for inside footages in the plane, at the dropzone or in a wind tunnel.

http://www.swivit.us

I just backed the campaign on Kickstarter.

DSE

http://funjump.com/products.html#pivotpad already offers this, specifically for skydivers, and without the snag hazard. It's adaptable to helmets too.
And is available today, from dealers like ChutingStar.

Oops. :facepalm: ...DOH!

To OP, all enthralled apparently so quickly/easily by "shiny objects"... well... 'nuff said, right there, eh? :P
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

Yeah, as far as skydiving use goes, that is just retarded. I guess that means we will be seeing them soon on 100 jump wonders as soon as they are ready, combined with aluminum mounts and GoPro tethers! :P:P

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

you're being generous. We'll soon see them on 30 jump wonders with them. In colors that match their jumpsuits, helmets, and rigs. With deathbars, tethers so they don't lose that expensive setup.

Hey all... So I'm jason, and the creator of that mount and Kickstarter. I'm not sure who the original poster of this was, and it doesn't matter, but I'm an old skydiver from back in the day and I think you guys didn't read what the original poster said, and what I'll clear up here so you don't call it retarded when you're thinking it's something for SKYDIVERS. It's not.

I've had all sorts of friends say "what about hitting up skydivers since you used to jump?" and my reply without hesitation was... Nope. It's not a product a skydiver would use. One, you wear the cameras, and when in freefall or under canopy you can just turn your body or head. And two, exactly as you guys mentioned... safety. Any wearable device can be a snag hazard, and I know this with a gopro most certainly is. But this product wasn't born from skydiving. It was born from motorcycling mainly, and then MTB, surfing and motorsports.

To clear up the sort-of-making fun, sort of bashing the product, the only thing I've ever said is that my mount would be great for in the plane (cockpit mainly), so you could film out the front, and then flip it to film back into the plane for preps/exits. It's a simple, versatile mount meant to keep people from having to mess with bolts, and remounting their cameras.

The only other thing that my mount would be good for would be permanently mounted on an aircraft mount (which not a lot of people are doing I would bet anyway), above the exit door (side mainly, not rear), above the handle or just behind. This way, you film straight ahead for taxi, takeoff, climb, and then after greenlight, the first person out of the plane holding the handle rotates and turns the camera downward to film the exits. Considering all camera flyers are getting good footage anyway, it was never something I was going to go after anyway, to have it on planes at dropzones. And if I saw someone wearing one of these at a dropzone, I'd slap them silly and revoke their SWIVIT card.

Anyway... If you haven't seen the Kickstarter video or looked at all the other test footage and images I've gotten with it, check it out. If any of you are GoPro users that haven't cut away and have some other hobbies still, you may just find it useful. ;)

http://kck.st/1eGbR0G

Blue skies guys!
Jason

Thanks for the info; it was posted originally as a beneficial tool for skydivers by a new account. I'm sure you understand why it's being ridiculed as a helmet mount.

As far as everything else you mention, seems like it could be a pretty cool product for people that don't mind how bad GoPro's look attached to a plane.
The mounting system is inherently flawed from the original design (gopro's, not yours) and makes for crap video when attached to any surface that will face wind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_qJFIsGAiE

That said, I wish you well with your product. Always terrific to see skydivers building creative tools!