olee

Camcorder with superb image stabilization

I am looking for a camcorder with superb image stabilization. I have heard great things about Sony's camcorders.

Does anyone have experience with the HDR-CX330/B or higher end camcorders (reasonable dimensions)?

Thanks.

in-camera is _always_ preferable due to loss of resolution and recompression.

All of the new Sony's do pretty well. on the super small front, I'm particularly impressed with the AS30 and AS100 cameras.

DSE

in-camera is _always_ preferable due to loss of resolution and recompression.

All of the new Sony's do pretty well. on the super small front, I'm particularly impressed with the AS30 and AS100 cameras.

I log in almost every day twice to see if you have posted your review / comparison.
Cant wait man! :)
"I don´t stop when I am tired. I stop when I am done"

keep in mind that the newer generation of everything is lighter in weight, faster in freefall than previous generations.

Weight does help with stabilization...and today, people aren't buying helmets specifically for cameras like they once did. Now they're just lickin' and stickin' a camera on there. I do think that bears consideration.

Add in that people aren't flying with wings much these days, and they're seemingly getting going on camera much earlier...

But even 5 years ago, stabilization was a good thing. Now, it's just a tad more necessary.