warchild69

Someone enlighten me, please!... Cx150 & cx100 difference?

Hey guys, I have read for two days on here and checked a bunch of reviews. But I need a little help.... We bough another
plane late last year and are looking at doing outside video for tandems this year and I have really only flown a Hero3. I have a Optic210, w/cutaway.

I need a inexpensive but good setup,.. I see a lot of you guys fly cx100 & cx150. Is there much of a difference between the two?

I'm going to have to do stills as well & will be using a Nikon D80,... should I use a fixed lens and if so, what mm?

Thanks for any and all help!

No one?... almost 200 views and no comment?.... That is not what I expected on here thats for sure! ;)

If I can buy a whole setup with a cx100 for $500.... Or cx150 camera only for $200, and have to buy the mount and box and hypeye all seperately and at full price, Is the cx150 that much better of a camera?

come on guys, trying to seal a deal on some new/used gear here! :)

I've skydived a bunch with a CX100 a while ago and my parents happen to own a 150, and I can't really tell much of a difference other than size for most purposes. As is usually the case with newer models, the differences hardly ever come into play in normal use - both are totally adequate.

But given the option I would prefer to use the 150 because it uses SD cards rather than sony's proprietary memory stick duo junk as is the case with the 100. If you're doing work jumps and need a memory card stat, it's usually easier to find an SD card lying around someplace.

I also vaguely recall from last time I researched this that the 150 has slightly better night vision. Something to do with a backlit sensor. But that's just off the top of my head so you should verify that.

perhaps in the 200 views, no one has the cameras you're asking about?;)

The 150 is a full 1080, it's better in low light, and has a few options that don't benefit skydiving.
If tandem video is the goal, the 100 will be just fine.
MSPD sticks are dirt cheap, and having a few around will be good. The 150 is a better camera, but is it a lot more better? Not really, not if budget is your main concern.
Save the coupla hundred bux and get the 100, IMO.

CX100........CX150
weight without battery....280g..........210g
focal length 35mm eqv.....42-497.......37-1075
aperture........................1.8............1.8
min. lux.........................5...............5
sensor size....................1/5"............1/4"
video resolution..............1920x1080...1920x1080
framerate......................60i/50i.........60i/50i
bitrate..........................16/9/7/5......24/16/9/5
photo resolution..............2304x1728...2048x1536
built in memory...............8 GB...........16 GB
memory stick access........side............bottom
my pictures

Thanks guys!.... However, I ended up buying a cx550, extra lense, box, hypeye, batterys, extra chargers and all... It was a good setup for about what I would have paid for a cx100/150.... They sent 7-8 skydiving videos taken with it and was very sharp and had no shake or noticable issues that I read others were concerned and asking about... Not to mention it looks brand new.... Thanks for the help!