degeneration

Go-Pro cameye/hypeye style indicator

Saw this on a facebook group today.

Looks like there is now an indicator for GoPros.

You'll not have to have your video footage consistently start with "Is it on?" question any more!!

Please note, I've nothing to do with the shop.

http://www.pro-on.com/-Pro-On_LED_Indicator/p2559585_11778182.aspx
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

I had the overheating/who the hell decided it would be a good idea to put a metallic sticker under the battery pins problem when I first got my gopro. I was using the remote at the time, and on 3 jumps I didn't realize that the camera failed between turning it on in the plane and landing since I wasn't looking at the remote in freefall.

My hypeye or something like this would have let me know. If you are using a gopro as a primary camera for paid jumps, this might be a good idea.

I don't think I'll order one since I use my gopro for backup/2ndary footage... but it's nice to see new products like this.

Yep, I thought it was a good idea..

[inline GoPro_LED_Sept2012_014.jpg]

I made mine

[inline GoPro_LED_Sept2012_007.jpg]

It does work great for getting rid of the "is my GoPro on"... A lot easier to just look up and see the light.

However, with this setup it just tells you the POWER is on, not if you are shooting video.. It is because of how you pick up the power from the plug.

I have mine set up film video as soon as you turn on the GoPro - that way I don't forget to start filming:o

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

Yep, "One Button Mode" is the setting I use..
That starts the video with a single push of the front button. Then a "2 or 3-second hold" on the same button to turn it off...

However, if you FORGET to put in the SD card it doesn't help much>:(...

At least that was with a Tandem/Hand cam and I caught it before we left...:S

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

I mis-intrepreted the article when I read it (I was probably a few BL smoothies deep at that point) that you were working on something better than currently on the market.

To your point, "a truly righteous solution would need to be orchestrated to make this a reality..." any hopes that one day you'll find this solution or will that come only once GoPro loosens restrictions on thier proprietary connector, say maybe with the GP4?

Thanks Trunk.
ZC OG