DSE

Need Photoshop but can't afford the cost? GOOD NEWS!

Thanks for the info! Sounds like a pretty good option. I guess it's basically like paying "rent" to use their programs. See the quote below from their FAQ Page. But you are also getting all the latest upgrades and updates as well as 20GB of cloud storage for $10/month if you join by March 31, 2014. Any idea what the cost will be after March 31st? The agent that I chatted with wouldn't say.

What happens if I decide to stop my membership?

You will continue to have access to free Creative Cloud member benefits, and if you saved your work to your computer you will continue to have access to those files. You will no longer have access to the Creative Cloud desktop applications or most of the services that are components of a Creative Cloud membership.

BTW. as seen in the attached chat screen shot... you can run the applications on two machines under one license (they can't be run simultaneously though).

Thanks again and Blue Skies,
Jason

I couldn't get any info regarding post-signup costs from them either. I can't imagine it would be huge. This is Adobe's next step towards reducing piracy of their product. I've signed up, but haven't tried running it offline yet.

DSE

I've signed up, but haven't tried running it offline yet.

It's supposed to work offline according to the quote below taken from their FAQ page.

Do I need ongoing Internet access to use my Adobe® Creative Cloud™ desktop applications?

No. Your Creative Cloud desktop applications (such as Adobe® Photoshop® and Illustrator®) are installed directly on your computer, so you won't need an ongoing Internet connection to use them on a daily basis.

An Internet connection is required the first time you install and license your desktop apps, but you can use the apps in offline mode with a valid software license. The desktop apps will attempt to validate your software licenses every 30 days.

For annual members, you can use the apps for up to 99 days in offline mode. Month-to-month members can use the software for up to 30 days in offline mode.

Blue Skies,
Jason

I have been using the full creative cloud subscription for over a year. It works great and I haven't had problems with it. It works offline just fine, you only really need to check in with the servers once a month.

All things considered, it's a great deal, lock in at 9.99 for the first year, it will at most go up to the single app rate of 19.99 after that, or at least that would be my guess.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I'm using the full cloud too, but it's expiring soon. My understanding is that this 'new" lease method uses a combo of keyed access to your account for verification so that the cloud version can't be hacked/piratebay'd. Perhaps I'm not understanding that correctly. I guess I'll find out when my current subscription expires on March 1.

I'm fighting getting CC as long as I can.

Through work I get access to CS6 for stupid cheap, and I hate (hate!) subscriptions of any kind that regularly hit my bank account.

It looks like this is the way of the future though ,and it looks like the work break we get with Adobe won't be moving forward with the traditional licenses. I anticipate I'll have to break down and sign up before too long.