skydiveoc

Sony mirror less

Hi

With 12mm (without autofocus) shutter release is of course instant, haven't jumped the 16-50 with auto focus yet so will have to let you know if I get round to that. When using it as a non skydiving camera, autofocus is pretty damn quick.

Gib

Hi! Is the adapter to 2.5 functionable in all ways? Just plug it in the USB-port of the camera and then the biteswitch in the other end, and then go?

Thanks, Johannes
Look at my videos at vimeo.com/heffie
Look at my photos a 500px.com/johannesbergfors

No. The USB end is L shaped (the cable comes out the bottom of the USB plug not the side, and the 2.5mm is an all metal construction as opposed to rubber on . Have a look at this wonderfully cut ;) picture of the cable attached here. I'm very happy with it

- correctly it should be Exit Equipment,
there is helmet manufacturer Exit Composites,
but i am not associated with them in any way.

- picture above shows initial run,
actual model has moulded 2.5mm connector and cable reinforcement on MULTI terminal connector
(if someone likes metal 2.5mm connector better, i can do it of course).

- here is a picture of actual adapter with my own switch, but it is compatible
with bite switch, tongue switch or any other switch with 2.5mm stereo jack connector.
one-piece switch is already listed here.

[inline SAM_5111_002.JPG]
[inline SAM_5050_.JPG]

- i will update my website soon, i promise ;-)
my pictures

On paper, it looks really nice.

I'd love to know how strong the buffer is on it. Always looking for the combo of fast continues burst rate, and the ability to use it heavily in 1 min of freefall.

From what i've seen, the A6000's buffer is much stronger than the 3N. Would love to know where this falls in there.

from link above:

"The most significant video feature is support for the XAVC S codec,
which can record 1080/60p or 24p video at a bit rate of 50Mbps."
or
"A neat trick the a5100 can do is Dual Recording. This will record a 720p MP4 video
while you're recording at 1080/30p or lower - even when using the XAVC S codec."

i wouldn't expect buffer issues with camera with these capabilities.
my pictures

Zlew

On paper, it looks really nice.

I'd love to know how strong the buffer is on it. Always looking for the combo of fast continues burst rate, and the ability to use it heavily in 1 min of freefall.

From what i've seen, the A6000's buffer is much stronger than the 3N. Would love to know where this falls in there.

At 11fps you can shoot about 55 pictures and it takes around 20 seconds to empty the buffer. That's using a 95MB/s card. But 11fps is way overkill so I knock it down to 6fps and haven't run into any buffer issues so far. I'm sure if you tried to hold it down the entire jump you'd hit the limit but shooting a couple seconds burst here and there has worked out fine.

I am strongly considering buying a new sony a600 or 6300. Could you tell me what you're using for a bite switch?
Does it have to plug into mini USB port? If so, is it a sturdy connection that seems like it will last or like a cellphone that is loose and worthless?
Thanks in advance.
Jay.