Maxx

300fps in 4k

Hey everyone,

This article is already 2 months old: http://cinescopophilia.com/cmosis-its-4k-12-megapixel300-fps-cmos-image-sensor-cmv12000/ but it talks about a new CMOSIS 4k sensor, which could fit in Blackmagic sized camera. So if anyone had an eye on the Blackmagic and can wait a little bit more, say June 2014, then wait a little bit more.. I'm sure there will be more and more competitors in the 4k range, it's just getting started. Really looking forward to it (and how we can streamline the postproduction workflow for our skydiving needs ;)).
Cheers,
Max

Sounds great but yeah, get it under 5k and maybe.

As you know, technological devices are the worst investments as they become obsolete so quickly. My old F3 body was worth $700 for 20 years. Made 10s of thousands of dollars with it, I hate the my Digital stuff becomes basically worthless. I put all my money in lenses and stuff instead.

This is great news. Like DSE said it is a matter of relevance. And to assume that it will be in the $50,000 range for very long is ridiculous. The evolving digital age is amazing. We are going to see these at a consumer price (under 10k) within a couple years. I'd bet you anything. It may not be for the people who want to call a GoPro set up a "camera helmet". But for majority of the industry concerned with quality and professionalism this is defiantly the future of outside video.