shveddy

Is anyone using micro 4/3 for tandem pictures?

They seem to be catching up with the consumer level DSLRs - Is there any reason to not use a micro 4/3 setup for tandem video? From what I gather the autofocus isn't really up to DSLR quality, but I could just leave it at infinity.

What about blow/bite/tongue switches?

Is it difficult to deal with a more menu oriented interface? Are there any models that have more physical buttons for quick access to the important stuff?

I'm guessing there must be some way to turn the screen off for free fall.

A back injury dictates that I should probably get a lighter setup, and it seems like a really obvious way to shave some weight.

There are a few threads in here in the last year or so about the 4/3rds cameras.

I shot an Olympus EPM1 last year and had great results. I upgraded the lens and shot a mix of fixed and auto focus. IMO, it isn't the best choice for video unless using fixed focus, but worked well in auto/manual for stills.

Trunk makes switches for most of the models. The only problem I had was finding a 90 degree plug. The straight plug takes some special rigging with gaffers tape to secure it, but not a huge deal.

On the Olympus the good news- 35 zone and fast auto focus, 7 FPS, shoots raw, can shoot AV/TV/Manual, auto. No shutter delay, and weighs under a pound. The bad- video auto focus is stuid slow, bottom feed for card/battery, hard to find 90 degree plugs (still haven't' found one).

By far, the biggest downside to 4/3rds... is now it looks like the trend is moving to APSC mirrorless for cameras in that same price/function range. I'm looking at getting a Sony NEX 3N soon for a treck next month...and surly will strap it to my head for jumping also. 350 bucks... APCS sensor... charges via USB. Worth a shot. The adapter is expensive right now (~100) but hopefully that will come down.

Not just specific to 4/3rds...but for Mirrorless and DSLR, the gap in capability and potential is very quickly dissolving. Hell, you can get a full frame mirrorless camera now....

Thanks for the info. I have a CX150 for video so I couldn't care less about the video functionality, and it sounds like there is a way to make it work.

I think I should change the title of the thread to mirrorless rather than 4/3. I'm really not paying attention to the latest and greatest enough to have realized that 4/3s is outdated and really I'm just looking to get rid of the whole mirror/bigger-lens aspect of dslrs, so it's all good.