DSE

Great stunt

Perhaps I'm impressed with the low budget, but quality production value. The wingsuit flight(s) are 'meh' overall, IMO. But the concept, the shooting with all the small format cameras, well-edited...seems to fit better here.

DSE

Perhaps I'm impressed with the low budget, but quality production value. The wingsuit flight(s) are 'meh' overall, IMO. But the concept, the shooting with all the small format cameras, well-edited...seems to fit better here.

I wouldnt go as far as calling top gear as low budget. The budget is said to be somewhere around 500.000£/per edisode.

I didnt think it was that well edited. Its obvious that they shot many takes to shoot this supposedly one stunt. When the guy exits, theres a cameraflier exiting with him on his back and filming him from below. There is also an air to air (shot from another aircraft) video of the exit, but there is no cameraflier. Obviously two different exits.

The same happens also when the cameraflier is shooting from below and the cut to another camera that is above. Suddenly there is no camera flier.

Also its kind of funny that this guy is trying to fly his ass off and cover distance as quick as he can, and at the same time the cameraflier is doing all kind of zooming around this guy. (flying past him very fast etc..) :D

Napalm_C

Thanks for that, really enjoyed it. Especially since I never knew about it and I live in Cyprus. Any idea when this was filmed?

Its season 8, which aired in the summer of '06 and as far as I've understood they shoot the episodes something like 3-6 months in advance to showing them so it was shot maybe in the spring of '06.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

That was entertaining. When trying to edit using lots of short jump-cuts like that I get a headache & start overthinking it. Was that clip too long, maybe too short? Let me re-watch that.. no I already knew what was coming so maybe that's affecting my perception of how long the scene's on the screen. *pulling hair out* AAAaaaargh!