shoeless_wonder

AFF D1 Jump Video

Nice. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, it might go better in 'Safety and Training'. The 'Photo and Video' forum is more for threads about jumping with cameras, editing and related topics.

With that said, check out your leg position. It's a little 'in and out'. Sometimes they look good, and other times they're not out far enough.

What's nice about the video is that it gives you a great shot of your legs and the effect it has on your body. Note in the side-view that when your legs are up, your body tends to sit a little head-high. This allows air to spill off of your chest/upper body, and you slide backwards. Compare that to when your legs are extended. and you'll see that your torso sits more level, and you're falling straight down.

Just to take the concept one step further, imagine if you put your legs all the way out (straight), it would tip your body head-low, allowing air to spill off your legs, and you would move forward. That's the basis for forward motion and it's big-brother, tracking.

davelepka

Nice. I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, it might go better in 'Safety and Training'. The 'Photo and Video' forum is more for threads about jumping with cameras, editing and related topics.

With that said, check out your leg position. It's a little 'in and out'. Sometimes they look good, and other times they're not out far enough.

What's nice about the video is that it gives you a great shot of your legs and the effect it has on your body. Note in the side-view that when your legs are up, your body tends to sit a little head-high. This allows air to spill off of your chest/upper body, and you slide backwards. Compare that to when your legs are extended. and you'll see that your torso sits more level, and you're falling straight down.

Just to take the concept one step further, imagine if you put your legs all the way out (straight), it would tip your body head-low, allowing air to spill off your legs, and you would move forward. That's the basis for forward motion and it's big-brother, tracking.

Sorry about that, I will make sure to post it in the proper forum next time.
Also, my instructors have been great, they said the same thing and over this last weekend when I did my D2 jump, I made sure to fix my body position and legs. It felt a whole lot better.

With that said, I appreciate the advice. I'm still new, so any advice I get, I really appreciate and take into consideration.
What is the point of life, if you don't live it?
To escape fear, you have to go through it, not around.