chris74

Tandem factory

Hello Birds,
My season is over and my 3 years old actions cams ( GoPro 1 & 2) are tired, very tired ! ( OK we have used them a lot)
I have to buy 8 Cameras + Hand mounts but there are a lot of Cameras now & I am a little bit in an uncertain position :$ ( not lost )
So for a Tandem Factory, Technically and Economically, which Cams + Handmounts are the best buy for my buck (I am a DZO and money matters B|).
Thanking you in advance
Blue sky
Christophe
PS : Sorry but Video guys are not an option ;)

Hero 3 silver or 3+ silver are my preference. Blacks fail, silvers are solid in my experience. The 3 and 3+ both have fantastic mics compared to Hero 1 & 2.

I'm biased on the glove choices because I manufacture them. That said, mine's still the only one providing GoPro glass lens covers to protect the camera lenses: http://funjump.com/

Chris

FYI, I have a Hero 3 silver, and after maybe 100 jumps the battery failed. It started screwing up where it wouldn't charge if you plugged it in to charge half of the time, and then a full charge would only last a jump or two. Finally, it got to the point that the camera wouldn't even turn on. Some web research revealed that this was 'common' problem, and a new battery solved it. About $20 US.

I guess the 3+ might have solved that, but you might also be able to get the regular 3 cheap enough to afford having a couple of extra batteries on hand. and still have it be less than just buying all new 3+s.

Aside from the battery issue, it has worked well, and never failed to record when asked to. Maybe 3 or 4 times, it locked up during playback, and just taking out the battery for 10 seconds cleared that up and it went back to working as normal.

That said, mine's still the only one providing GoPro glass lens covers to protect the camera lenses:

This can't be emphasized enough. I had a dual glove without lens protection(I forget which kind) and dropped it. Of course, my new gopro had a massive scratch right in the middle of the lens after that. Sadly enough, my new glove(one of Chris's) was already on its way>:(. My old gopro is now a $400 battery charger>:(>:(
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”