Shaneshaw

what Camera, video and helmet are the best

G'day guys, About to get my C license shortly and i wish to get the best available gear for camera work.

Was wondering what is the best camera to buy ?
best Video camera ?
best helmets ?

for the record i currently have a cookie G3 which i will mount my go Pro on. However i really would like to do camera work and will want to buy a new camera helmet to put a camera on top and also a video cam on the side or sides. I would love to get the best available as not really worried about the price and would prefer to buy the best now then to do it later.

i have been into photography for awhile anow and as an example i already own a Canon 1DX, 40D and 5D ii. dont have a video camera as yet except the go pro.

Also when it comes to helmets what would you siuggest that has all the bells and whistles on it.

thanks in advance.

Shaneshaw

Was wondering what is the best camera to buy ? best Video camera ? best helmets ?

Best still - any of the Canon EOS line - even the older XT and XTI cameras are high enough resolution, and readily available used for cheap. Keep in mind that a bad opening can (and I've seen it recently!) rip that helmet right off your head. Or that you might have to cut it away...

Best video - Any of the Sony CX line, again including the older CX100, CX110, and CX150's which can be purchase used for cheap.

Best helmet - totally agree with DSE, Bonehead FTP or Sky Systems Wes Vapor Pro. Get a cutaway system on it. ;-)

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."