westcoastSD

Sony CX700 series. Magnificent!

I have been using Sony CX760e for a month or two now and the footage is simply amazing.

The image stabiliser is awesome with the whole lens moving and staying focused on the subject.

At about $1000 they are a bit more expensive than others but this is still 1/2 of what we were paying for the old PC series cameras 10 years ago.

Other models in the range include a surprisingly good projector that allows you to debrief in the plane using the ceiling or wall as a screen. This has to be seen to believed. There is also a light for back lighting in darker loads.

I think these are the best cameras for filming skydiving today.

Has socket for Hype eye, has internal memory, can take either memory stick or SD card and no need for wide angle conversion... these are wide.

Anyone else out there using one?

There was a thread a few months ago that had some good footage. I think Bruno B is shooting a 700 series and had some good info. Might search for BOSS

I have my eye on a CX430 (with the same BOSS stabilization) and based on the footage I have seen, the idea of shooting with something like that next season would be awesome.

westcoastSD

Anyone else out there using one?

Yep. Have been using it since the month after it came out. Great camera. Very happy.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork