YvonneWiggers

Gopro hero3+ or should I wait?

So, last weekend I lost my gopro hero2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEcLax3MNMw), and now I'm doubting whether I should replace it now with the 3+ (as my dad will be able to bring it back from the US in 3 weeks), or if I should wait for the 4 to come out. Apart from a christmas boogie (that I could also borrow a gopro for) I most likely won't be jumping until April or so next year. What do you guys think, will the 4 be there before April? And will it be worth the wait? Will it be more expensive than the 3+ black is right now?
"So I jump out, look up, and think 'Oh SHIT!...

It's PINK!!!'"
- army guy after his first staticline jump

I don't have any info on the 4, but for almost anything technology related- if you have 4-6 months before you need it, it is almost always a better idea to wait.

What is cutting edge today will not be cutting edge in 6 months, and prices often fall over that time.

Posted yesterday on an aerial photography forum:

little insight into this. A friend recently met GoPro's CEO, they talked about the 3+ and these initial runs are being considered a defect.

Another interesting thing to note, the H3+ black is now out of stock on gopro.com - perhaps they pulled the stock.

I returned mine weeks ago, waiting to see if this all gets corrected and we see a proper version on shelves.

Disclaimer: I have no way of verifying the accuracy of this.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

kallend

Posted yesterday on an aerial photography forum:

little insight into this. A friend recently met GoPro's CEO, they talked about the 3+ and these initial runs are being considered a defect.

Another interesting thing to note, the H3+ black is now out of stock on gopro.com - perhaps they pulled the stock.

I returned mine weeks ago, waiting to see if this all gets corrected and we see a proper version on shelves.

Disclaimer: I have no way of verifying the accuracy of this.

What's the defect?
cavete terrae.

YvonneWiggers

will the 4 be there before April?

cannot say, but doubt it. If you have some other people that can get it later from the us presumably cheaper than your own country, then why not wait.

But i would consider getting used 2 or 3. I bought a used gopro1 when 2 came up, but i was low on cash. Obviously the leap in image quality isn't as massive between 2, 3 and 3+.