jamesfreefall

Uploading onto a Mac

Probably a totally stupid question but I am struggling to import video onto my Mac (I have a Go Pro which is fine).

The problems I face are when I have been jumping and getting filmed by someone else (typically Sony cameras) and they then give me a copy to take home on a memory stick.

WHen i try and load it into iMovie it doesnt recognise it at all.

My solution was to buy an app from the appstore for converting the file type into something the Mac might recognise.

This takes time and the output is rubbish, really juttery and poor quality.

Is there a better way of doing this??

Cheers folks

Hey James - since I converted from Windows laptops to my MacBook Pro I have had a LOT of difficulty importing video into iMovie. If I dont hook up and switch on the laptop, camera, open iMovie in exactly the right order I dont get a download. Sometimes it takes a long time for it all to come together and when I started I gave up too quickly - now I just leave it for 30 seconds or so and the camera is eventually recognised. Are you talking about plugging a USB memory stick straight into a USB slot or putting a memory card into a card reader, then plugging the card reader into the Mac?

Use your wings Johnny....