johncan

Gopro video trimming.

I am using a Gopro as backup for the freefall portion of tandem jumps.I set the Gopro to high definition .I like the video and find I can get pretty good snapshots using VLC player(not commercial).

I would like to to be able to trim the Gopro video for immediate playing.If I trim it in Vegas then it seems I have to render it,if I trim it in Gopro studio I have to convert it.
Any help folks
John

johncan

I am using a Gopro as backup for the freefall portion of tandem jumps.I set the Gopro to high definition .I like the video and find I can get pretty good snapshots using VLC player(not commercial).

I would like to to be able to trim the Gopro video for immediate playing.If I trim it in Vegas then it seems I have to render it,if I trim it in Gopro studio I have to convert it.
Any help folks
John

The most effective and least time-consuming solution I've found is to shoot only what you want to show. I use a GoPro remote to start/stop shooting and to verify the camera is recording. No trimming is required.

Fastest way is to use ffmpeg http://www.ffmpeg.org/. It's free and works fast since it just copies out the segment of video you specify without re-encoding.

ffmpeg -ss 00:00:30 -t 00:00:05 -i original.mp4 -vcodec copy -acodec copy output.mp4
-ss indicates the starting time you want to begin extracting from
-t indicates the duration of the footage to extract from the start time you specified

http://askubuntu.com/questions/59383/extract-part-of-a-video-with-a-one-line-command