freefalljason

Production Assistant help PLEASE!!

Is there any way to recover files that have apparently been overwritten by PA2?

Please see the attached screen shot of what seems to be the default settings for PA2 on my machine.

The problem is...I imported the vid from my helicopter jump on Saturday and then later imported the vid from my balloon jump and now only the balloon footage is on the harddrive.

Both cards have since been formatted in the camera (Sony CX100)

Please tell me that I haven't lost the heli footage forever :(

Thanks and Blue Skies,
Jason

We don't use PA to import the files from media, but your default settings don't specify to overwrite files. And in order for that to happen, it would seem like you would need to name the project(s) the same thing. Is that the case?

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Do not use the harddrive and the memory cards for anything else. Use recovery software. I prefer Sandisk rescue pro, it came free with a number of faster memory cards once, it works and willl handle harddrives as well as memorycards, even though it will ask: is this a harddrive? Nooooooo...
You may get a number or all of the files back. Succes mainly depends on whether you've used the drive/card for anything else int he meantime, is it's overwritten with data it's gone. If it was just deleted or simple formatted, you are likely to recover at least a part. Don't use the drive to install the recovery software on.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

"Heli vid ss" is the screen shot of the heli project.. as you can see, the timeline is now populated with the balloon clips.

The same thing happens with any other project from that day (and possibly others, I haven't checked)

Did this happen because I didn't have the "create folder" box ticked?

"Heli Search ss" is a screen shot of the search that I did on the machine. All results above this were pics : (

I used "Heli Jump" as the project name when I imported via PA2 so that was the search term that I used.

Thanks and Blue Skies,
Jason