rakkers

When producing tandem DVD's what quality should I record in?

I just did a test filming outside using my tandem template. With the go pro 3 on 1280 by 720 (lowest possible resolution) and 1920 by 1080. I honestly can't tell a difference. Just means faster rendering time if its less data.

Might be different with a sony camera that allows 720 by 576 though.

How old r you? Do you wear glasses? lol jks ;)

It really depends on the screen you're watching it on. If you were watching it on an old school TV or CRT monitor then there'd be no difference but when you start getting high res and/or large screens then it's noticeable.

Note: I have no experience in skydiving videography, purley from a technical background.

In the UK PAL DVDs will display 525 lines. So it doesn't matter if you record in 720 or 1080 HD format because ultimately it will be down converted (reduced) to Standard PAL Definition when you create a DVD, therefore you'll be able to see only SD detail (525) in the picture.
Here in the US it will be only 480 lines (NTSC), which means even less details.

Trev_S

How old r you? Do you wear glasses? lol jks ;)

It really depends on the screen you're watching it on. If you were watching it on an old school TV or CRT monitor then there'd be no difference but when you start getting high res and/or large screens then it's noticeable.

Note: I have no experience in skydiving videography, purley from a technical background.

Please explain.
I really want to hear this

Unless you go Blu-ray, there's no HD on playable DVDs. You could create an HD mp4 and burn it as a data DVD.

I've been giving tandem customers flash drives with HD video for the past 2 years. Faster, easier, but costs more than a DVD disk. Customers love them and its HD.,
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video