Stumpy

New Sony - HDR AS30V

Agreed - I found another review that said sensor and processor were the same so image quality should be the same as the original. Will be a missed opportunity if thats the case I think, would be nice if they have bumped it at least a little.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Actually their dealer spec's state differently than the Sony video. The video says 1080@60i and the specs say 60p. It will also have the multi-terminal which may mean it will work with the HYPEYE using the AV to multi converter.

There are two protocols possible on the Multi connector so lets hope they are backwards compatible with the old AV/R protocol.

Guess we will have to wait for the official launch!
Trunk's Blog
HYPOXIC's Instagram
Like HYPOXIC

curious what is meant by

...A “Movie Rotate” feature also makes it easy to rotate a video right-side-up

Will we be able to mount it lying flat on top of helmet as opposed to thinking up creative way of sidemounting?
"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to attend his classes"

This camera does not use the multi terminal port for anything but USB connectivity and charging. The Sony Multi Terminal Remotes do not work to control video, power, or photo operations.

With "stabilization on" the camera has a rolling shutter issue with skydiving and shake. With it off, it is not so bad but the color is really mute and blotchy in comparison to the HERO3. This may be because its not as stock saturated as the hero3 but don't think so at first look. I will try and get some comparison videos edited shortly.

However, I do like the form factor and the single button on the back is kinda nice. I wasn't a big fan of the segmented LCD vs. graphical but realize they are doing that for power consumption (which still kills the hero3/+). An led indicator in front would be nice so you don't have to have someone behind you tell you its recording.

I'll post links once I have something rendered
Trunk's Blog
HYPOXIC's Instagram
Like HYPOXIC

Picked up one of these on my way through Sydney airport last week - at HALF the price of the gopro and with the LCD mount thrown in free it was an easy decision.

Unfortunately it is a present to ourselves for christmas so it has gone in a cupboard for a month!
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Some of the guys at my Dz have been jumping them for the last month or so. BLOWS the Gopro out of the water ( In MY opinion, mind you). Colors are super nice and real-looking ( I always found the Gopro to be a bit on the yellow side :D).
I liked it so much that I actually picked one myself. Gonna take it snowboarding this weekend and scuba diving to Marocco next month. Hopefully by Xmas when i get home I'll have enough jumps to jump it myself and Ill show you guys some beach jumps with it :)
"I don´t stop when I am tired. I stop when I am done"

Oh!

I forgot!
By lcd you mean the actual watch - controller -viewfinder thingy or the handycam-transforming attachment?
I have been looking for the Watch thingy for a while like crazy but Its not out ( At least in Europe) till december the 6th :(

Im actually looking forward to it and to DSE making a review / comparison epic video. Been following that guy since I found his 2011 PIA interviews in youtube when I was doing my research for which container to buy. Man is a legenD!
"I don´t stop when I am tired. I stop when I am done"