freeflailer

What format is your finished product?

Hi everyone,
I'm curious what everyone else is doing these days, in regards to Tandem video.
I am producing a dvd-format video for our customers. I guess what I'm asking is this:
Is a video that is in DVD format out of date? What format is the best for the majority of tandem passengers? What are the other dropzones doing these days?
I would love to hear some input form those of us who edit our own videos in particular, but all opinions have value....
Thanks

DSE

.MP4 is a standard delivery that reads on any new television, Windows, or Apple OS.
We're delivering 720p@6Mbps

Hi Spot! Have you seen a difference between a 6Mbps render and say a 10-12 Mbps render when it comes to playback on larger 50-84"+ TVs? Have you noticed a difference at all?
I've been looking for the right formula for our renders, but I'm weighing time vs quality...especially because we sometimes deliver in 1080 :| Looking forward to taking advantage of the GPU rendering too! Comments from you AND Chris would be greatly appreciated!
cheers!

This year we dropped DVDs (available on request only) for 4gb memory sticks imprinted with our logo. They're much faster to write and the comebacks have reached pretty much 0 versus about 20% with the DVDs. The final product I believe is 720p mp4 but I'd have to check what profile is being used.

-Michael

We're still delivering DVD's too, but it's pretty obsolete at this point! I'd venture to guess that *most* folks have some means to play back higher resolution footage (Blu Ray player or media player or both) to a fairly large television these days!

The problem for us is that we edit on the fly, and there's no room on a short call for the workflow to take ANY longer than it already does and still make the next load. I'll be doing lots of experimenting this winter to figure out how to bring us in the 21st century, but it will be limited by time available.

How long does it take you guys to produce a video and deliver that are pushing out HD footage already?

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

First, sorry for taking so long to reply. crazy busy at my boring, un-fun 9-5, which for most of the summer has been 6-9...

It takes me approximately 1/2 an hour from import of footage to finished product(DVD). Most of this time is rendering, encoding, and a little burning. When I time it right, I can start my editing, go do a jump, land, burn, and start the process over again. most of the time, Our customers leave with their stills, and we mail out the vids....
So, If I skip the encoding and burning, this speeds me up significantly, and its a better end product.
I too will be doing some experimenting this winter....
if you don't mind, keep me posted on what you figure out.