Rover

Settings question - Gopro / Vegas Pro 12 / Tandem handcam

Sorry to rehash old questons. I've done a search and as much reading as I can but I'm a grumpy old bugger being forced into learning old tricks.
I've been 'forced' into going digital by 'young buggers' and the 21st century into ditching my old handcam system and going for a NLE approach. I've bought a computer that has 120 gigasquirts of power (plus other goodies) and a gopro hand cam glove with a couple of gopro hero 2s.
What settings should I use - both for camera and on the software. Any advice gratefully accepted. Please word replies for dummies. :$
Thanks in advance.
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

I've yet to produce anything - in short I'm a NLE virgin. I've still got my old system running. I shot some footage in 960 30 for a practice run and found I can't get it to a widescreen format. 720 30 seems to work widescreen but not too sure about the quality. The DVDs I've managed to 'create' appear pixelated - and not of good quality.
The computer I've bought is well specced and I believe up the job. It's the operater thats the problem :$
I'd like to find settings that work and be able to put out both PAL and NTSC dvds.
Cheers,

The 720p mode will be widescreen and render to MPEG 2 faster.
If it's pixelated, it suggests that the editing software isn't set to correct parameters.
I'd recommend shooting 720p30 if you're still delivering to DVD or to YouTube.

Thanks for that. Can you give me a screen shot of the projects properties screen with your recommended settings so I can replicate them. NZ is a PAL country but NTSC works 99% of the time.
Cheers.

Rover

Sorry to rehash old questons. I've done a search and as much reading as I can but I'm a grumpy old bugger being forced into learning old tricks.
I've been 'forced' into going digital by 'young buggers' and the 21st century into ditching my old handcam system and going for a NLE approach. I've bought a computer that has 120 gigasquirts of power (plus other goodies) and a gopro hand cam glove with a couple of gopro hero 2s.
What settings should I use - both for camera and on the software. Any advice gratefully accepted. Please word replies for dummies. :$
Thanks in advance.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but what does using a handcam system have to do with editing on an NLE? Or are you saying that you're an old enough bugger to have been editing on-camera? Are you adding outside video to your edits?
Just curious.
pope