FB1609

Gopro not charging?

Hi, a few weeks ago I got a used Hero2, seems to crash a lot but the main problem is the batteries won't charge using the USB (all I have) I read a few threads in here and tried some stuff like removing the card/battery, then it fires up but the battery is dead. So the battery ind comes on the screen moving bars like it's charging, the battery gets hot, but the red light won't come on. Then if I turn it off, the red light comes on but there is no indicator in the window for battery. I have 2 batteries, same with both, so I doubt the battery is bad.

Any thoughts what to try from you experts would be great, thanks. Also how long should it take to charge...it was on all night and only 1 bar.

Thanks, just did that, seemed to fire up fine but almost dead, so then turned it off again and plugged into the usb, just the red light is on...( no battery charging in the window, is that normal?) I'll see later if it charges...hope so, I have some stuff to shoot asap..cheers!

EDIT: nope, was charging for 3 hrs and only 1 bar, battery isn't warm either...shitttt

so when it's on and I plug it in, the usb transfer icon comes up, and the battery symbol moves bars like it's charging, but no red light unless I turn it off...is that normal?

DSE

Tried a diff USB cable/adapter?
Try this:
power off
battery out
memory card out
shutter button pressed and insert battery
with shutter button pressed power on camera (mode button) ..

I had the same problem with mine and this worked for me. Idk what it was but after i did this a while ago it worked and then it was stolen so now i have a Hero 3 and its much better :)