skydiveoc

Hero3 black vid setting for hand cam

skydiveoc

Would like to know what works best for others. Tried the 2.7 30fps and found it a bit jittery.

The bottom line is this..... regardless of capture setting quality, once you convert to DVD format you lose the benefit of super high resolution. Furthermore, rendering takes longer if you shoot in a high fps. As far as a resolution, I would say it depends on how long your arms are. I am 5'6 and I have fairly short arms. 960 unquestionably gets the most in the picture. It has a further away perspective and lets you see more. If you arms are longer, 720 is the way to roll. Once it converts to DVD that will be your ultimate ending resolution anyway.

Use the 1080P60 or 720P60 mode for video. Good for slow-motion.

or

0.5sec for photomode (You need latest firmware!!!)

I personaly like spot exposure ON (dot with box icon) This adjusts the exposure based on the center of the image (passenger) instead of an full screen average. Just google "gopro3 spot exposure" for some examples why.
Using your droque to gain stability is a bad habid.
Also in case you jump a sport rig!!!

matt3sa

As far as a resolution, I would say it depends on how long your arms are. I am 5'6 and I have fairly short arms. 960 unquestionably gets the most in the picture. It has a further away perspective and lets you see more. If you arms are longer, 720 is the way to roll. Once it converts to DVD that will be your ultimate ending resolution anyway.

Does this apply for GoPro 2 as well?

All of the TI's at my DZ except for the DZO, are short circus midgets, myself included.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P