Sky_doggy

Light weight camera/helmets

Hi I am

I am planning on learning camera flying next season. I am working with the camera flyers at my DZ and I plan on starting with fun jumper 4 ways and then a 4 way team When I become more experienced.

My question is about gear. I have a crummy neck and I am looking for recommendations for light weight cameras and helmemts.

Semi related to this question, snag issues aside, is a GoPro/Ragecam lense a viable option?

Thanks

The Replay is the smallest/lowest profile with the largest imager of all the small format cameras. It isn't quite as fast to access the card as a GoPro might be.
In terms of small, quality cameras, it boils down to GoPro, Replay, and Sony if quality is your preference. For snag hazard, the Replay wins hands down.

Sky_doggy

I am planning on learning camera flying next season.

I have a crummy neck and I am looking for recommendations for light weight cameras and helmemts.

Are you looking for video cameras only, or still cameras as well?

If you're looking at still cameras (SLRs), check out the Canon SL1. A friend of mine just got one, and it's remarkably light and performs fairly well. It's comparable to the Canon T3i (see a comparison here: http://snapsort.com/compare/Canon-Rebel-SL1-vs-Canon-T3i), but significantly lighter (407g vs. 570).
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork