BMFin

So who did this?

"2lb, 9-inch ZOOM lens, with an EW-83H lenshood affixed" -?

Somehow I doubt that came off a skydiver/videographer at all - but who knows, there's some pretty WHACKED ideas of what makes a good sky-jumping vid/camera set-up, going on out there, after all.

Carry on.
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

pretty likely it fell from an aircraft...
but not likely a skydiver would be involved...:|

Could have been a helicopter, Could have been Police.
Could have been a paparazzi (sp).:o
Could have been some idiot sightseeing with the lens OUT the opening of an aircraft window... and it broke off while trying to bring it back IN to the Cabin......:SB|[:/]

could have been
USA Homeland Security..... :o;)
now i feel REAAAAALLLL secure...
;)
for SURE.... it wasn't me...:P

so the people whose house this fell through are assholes, because they're being charged for the repair? Seriously?

Did they bargain for a lens to come shooting out of the sky from a plane, parachutist, glider? Is it reasonable to expect gliders, airplanes, balloon, skydivers to drop something through the roof of a home?

Why are they bad people when a large, heavy lens goes through their roof unannounced?

Troll troll troll your boat, gently down the stream...

Just sayin'...
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

I'm sensitive to the context based on how skydivers reacted to the flag weight dropped through a trailer roof a couple weeks ago.
Skydivers ripped on the homeowner for being dramatic "It almost killed my daughter."
The size of the hole is what it is. A missile of lethal ability came through the roof of their house. Only the contractors that came out to assess the damage can make a call as to the cost.

God forbid they track this down to a skydiver. Two objects dropped by skydivers, going through the roof of a dwelling, within a two week span...scary thought if the FSDO wants to make it challenging.

DSE

so the people whose house this fell through are assholes

He used the word ass as an adverb to extend the phrase "tiny hole." It was a poor ass choice or words, or a wrong ass interpretation, one or the other. No assholes were involved. B|
www.WingsuitPhotos.com