jtval

GoPro 3 Software update (24 apr13) issues

Are you having GoPro (black) issues? I spoke with a rep(Jeremy) today who told me the automatic update isn't loading correctly. You have to do it manually. This update (24april 2013) is supposed to address the problems with locking up, short cycle videos (mine would stop after 7 seconds) and some others issues. I literally just got off the phone with him and mine seems to be working. Here:s what you need to do. A MANUAL upload of the latest update. go to the GO PRO website for software updates and click through. When it tells you to plug your camera in:DON'T. Continue like you did with the previous update. Then drag the 4 files to your SD card. disconnect form the computer and power on. Your upload will cycle through a few times. When you're done you SHOULD have a GoPro that works as advertised.

Trunk and others may have better intel on this subject but for the last 3 minutes my camera has been working. However, the real test will be in the sky...
If you've had issues and this DOES or DOES NOT fix your problem PLEASE add your story.

I've been going through this since I bought my camera in january. I bought this $500 marvel and took it on 3 jumps before it locked up on me. (locked up on the 4th jump) I took it 10 more times and got 6 videos to work. I contacted the company and they VERY PROMPTLY replied and swapped my old camera out. I received the replacement and messed with it for about 6 days before I installed the new update.

Before I installed the update, It still randomly locked up and had Wi-Fi issues.(I reformatted my card a bunch of times etc)

After the update, It locked up once and had wi-fi issues.
I replied asking for a refund. I got a PHONE CALL (seriously; excellent customer service) about 3 minutes later.
Jeremy, from Go Pro, explained the issue with the new update. He then, though unnecessary, walked me through the manual install of the NEW update.

All SEEMS to be working. I HOPE THIS FIXES this issue and I hope this can alleviate your problem. I'll update when I can.

ETA-Jeremy's name
My photos

My Videos

Trunk has a write up on the gethypoxic website explaining everything you need to know about GP3 Black issues and updates. Just follow that and you will fix all the issues the current update addresses, and he even gives some tips to address issues that the update does not.

cbrown1311

Trunk has a write up on the gethypoxic website explaining everything you need to know about GP3 Black issues and updates. Just follow that and you will fix all the issues the current update addresses, and he even gives some tips to address issues that the update does not.

...Aaaand, I'm off to check it out. Thanks!
My photos

My Videos