DougH

Looking for a post on a 2 gopro handycam prototype that was posted here.

There was a really nice two gopro handycam setup that was posted on here a few weeks/months back.

I just can't seem to get the forum software to bring up that thread. I am getting posts as old as several years back, but not the one I am looking for.

It was a machined plastic housing for the two cameras, looked very clean and well designed.

What I remember is that the protype was machined maybe out of white plastic, but the overall design quality is what made it memorable!

Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Thanks!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

DougH

Damn! 63 views and no one remembers what the hell I am talking about. I must have been hallucinating! :ph34r::)

This one?
http://www.chutingstar.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/1000x1000/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/w/d/wdual8.jpg

I have a final version here with a clear plastic housing and better buttons/doors. I'll post some pics of that in a few. Chutingstar received several of these finished products a week ago, but most of those were pre-sold... There may be one left.

That small lot was the first batch and I wanted to verify they worked 100% before ordering large quantities... so in another couple weeks there should be more available.

Chris

mccordia

Saw a friend with an inline skate wrist protector simply modded into a wrist mount. Also a simple route to go down if you take the home engineering pathB|

Home engineering works great for some applications. When you're doing hundreds or thousands of paid handcam jumps, though, it's good to have the right tool. Some benefits include: Much lower snag risk, wide base for stable camera, so it doesn't bobble around in freefall, rounded back so it's not a block (once again bobbling around at 120mph), instant access to cards, easy-push rubber buttons, easy access to the glass lens cover, so you can clean it on the ride to altitude, holes in place for the microphones, so you get quality sound instead of muffled low freq

I just realized that this is for a GoPro3, but still awesome. I only have one Hero2 of my own right now, and the DZ has more Hero2's and some lack luster gloves.

I know chuting star still has some of your original 2 camera gopro 2 gloves, but this design is just so slick.

Guess I just have to wait for the next latest and greatest gopro to push down the resale value on the 3!

:ph34r:

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P