SkyDivinRyan

Black Magic

It's a great untested camera. BMD doesn't have samples enough to make em' available for skydiving. I played with it at NAB, it holds interest for certain types of jumps. It's definitely not 'your average tandem camera"

Other issue is that 1080 is on its way out... 4k is the replacement and anyone serious enough to be looking into something like this outside of some jouralists and some indy film makers will be looking to go to 4K instead.

RED has seen their prices dropping slightly as more units are selling and some are on the used market. I would (am) be looking to get something like a Scarlet if you want to step up beyond an HDSLR for your film making...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Other issue is that 1080 is on its way out... 4k is the replacement and anyone serious enough to be looking into something like this outside of some jouralists and some indy film makers will be looking to go to 4K instead.

I'm not sure how you would want to achieve writing 4k RAW on an SD card (with cards, that are currently on the market) ? I'm really curious how only 1080p RAW is gonna work with this. It looks like just 10bit prores already will require top of the line sd cards. Maybe multiplying sd card slots (and allowing a kind of raid-0 write mode) could work for higher data streams, but that would probably make this camera not so "pocket" ;) I think, you miss the point of this product. It's not Scarlet competition/equivalent - Blackmagic Production Camera is:
http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/blackmagicproductioncamera4k

cheers,
Bart ;)