saxboy

Gopro 3 OR contour +2 ????

Hi there.!
I sold my go pro hero2 because I needed the money
and now i am thinking to buy again one camera to film my jumps..
The question is which camera from these two are the "best" choice..:-)
Almost "everybody" use a gopro...so,no reviews and opinions
for the contour+2..
Any input will be helpful...and maybe a footage from the contour+2..:-)
Thanks.

I see a lot more contour +2 cameras popping up around my drop zone. Most the instructors use them because they are low profile and out of the way for aff and coach jumps. and a few locals wear them and play EVERY jump on their laptop after EVERY landing lol. They seem to enjoy the long battery life and ease of file transferring. As for the gopro, I don't jump cameras yet but I do use gopros for motorcycles, dirtbikes, and scuba diving and I am always pretty happy with mine

I prefer the Contour2 over the GP. Not as many bullet points on the sell sheet, but better image quality overall. Sony is the top choice, but their formfactor is as bad as GP (worse in some ways).
Replay is my choice alongside the Contour.

Thank you for your inputs guys.!
Finally I switched back to my old sony cx105..!
I bought one cheap from ebay...:-) and I will decide later about the contour or hero3 or replay...
Maybe I will wait for some footage from them to compare.
Thanks.

Contour2+ all the way. Awesome camera, awesome quality with many resolution options and you don't look like a dork with that square lego block snag hazard mounted to your sphere.

Sure the GoPros are cheap and you can pick them up at Costco but I have never liked the notion of GoPro's for skydiving. They never mount properly.

and when all else fails, you can use your GoPro as a mounting peg to pull your buddies reserve handle on what should be a normal exit.

Clicky

Don't get me wrong. GoPro's are a wonderful camera to mount on your surf board, mountain bike or even your skate board to get a shot of you doing your flippty-doo. I just think there was absolutely no thought put into it for the use of skydiving and I'm surprised that more people have not spoken out about it.

Anyways, get as much information about it as you can and with that make your own informed decision. I've decided to go with something that helps eliminates snags and has a helmet cut away handle (Vapor Wes Pro, Sky-Shot).