spencer

New firmware update for the black due on the 2nd april

Pictures? Must be designed for freefliers.

However, their web site doesn't inspire confidence that their programming quality control is any good, does it? And the fuck-up with the firmware would appear to confirm that opinion.

Requirement for a 64bit browser for the Java 7 plugin to work correctly and shitty camera firmware aren't really the same thing.

If you still have the Java browser plugin enabled I'd HIGHLY reccomend you disable it anyways. You are basically running backwards through a corn field with a bare ass.

Why are you making excuses for piss-poor customer service?

They put out a product with defective firmware, and their web site won't run on one of the world's most popular web browsers.

INCOMPETENT!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Pictures? Must be designed for freefliers.

However, their web site doesn't inspire confidence that their programming quality control is any good, does it? And the fuck-up with the firmware would appear to confirm that opinion.

Requirement for a 64bit browser for the Java 7 plugin to work correctly and shitty camera firmware aren't really the same thing.

If you still have the Java browser plugin enabled I'd HIGHLY reccomend you disable it anyways. You are basically running backwards through a corn field with a bare ass.

Why are you making excuses for piss-poor customer service?

They put out a product with defective firmware, and their web site won't run on one of the world's most popular web browsers.

INCOMPETENT!

1. I'm not making excuses. I really wish the camera worked better. I wish they did better testing prior to releasing product.

2. I'm saying you are conflating two issues which aren't terribly related.

3. I was trying to give you a heads up. The track record of Java and HIGHLY exploitable vulnerabilities is nontrivial. You'd be better off disabling the browser plugin or removing it entirely from your computer if you don't need it for local applications.

4. Thank (insert your FSM of choice here) I have not and will never do product development work on anything remotely in the general consumer market.

5. The browsers and OS supported by the tool cover the vast majority of users. I hit the same issue as you and went the manual route. I still have IE installed and could have used that.

Is this sufficiently clear for you? You want to vent? Tell GoPro. I don't work for them in any capacity. I don't sell their products.

Gilead,

I had no problem with the one button mode with the latest update. You sure it says 2.37 when you power on the camera? It works slightly different than the Gopro 2 but actually makes it easier to turn it off and review your footage. Also try formatting your card before doing any of the updates. I've seen some odd directory structures really mess the camera up from running correctly. (not saying its wrong or right, just giving solutions)

I always do the manual updates and never tired the java method.

The latest update does seem pretty stable and I've been putting the camera through the ringer here in the lab testing out some backdoor scripts.
Trunk's Blog
HYPOXIC's Instagram
Like HYPOXIC

Hi Mark
I do have the 2.37 firmware, but i did the automatic update via the web.
my 1 button mode did not work from day one.
I just realize that in some cameras it is working good.
on my camera, when I select the 1 button mode I cant stop it,
After powering it on, its start capture video, but pressing the mode button for 2 sec does not shut it off, instead it get into a loop of start and stop capturing every 3-4 sec.

I'll try to do the manual update.....

Cheers
Gilead

Just got a GP3 Black. Took me about 10 seconds to locate a very annoying bug that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere. When I go into the settings to change video resolution or whatever, it will randomly jump out of the settings menu and back to recording mode before I can finish adjusting the settings.

I immediately updated to latest firmware, and the bug persists.

Has anybody else seen this one? Not a dealbreaker since if I try 3 or 4 times eventually I'll get the settings done in time, before a random "cancel." But very irritating.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I've seen that sometimes about the jumping through menus. A bit of it has to do with the debouncing of the switch but I think the primary reason is the camera is not fully booted up yet. When the GOPRO starts it boots a few different cores and it seems the display shows before it really should. Give it a few second count after turning it on before switching through menus. That is what I've seen work.
Trunk's Blog
HYPOXIC's Instagram
Like HYPOXIC

If I were in the position of wanting to buy a GP3 right now, I'd wait until the Ambarella A7L hardware update happens (very soon).
That 'fix' should take care of all the problems.
I'd expect a couple of months til it happens.

DSE is that an update to the A7L in GP or a move to the A9 for a future black replacement?

My understanding is that future GFB will have A7L's in them. The A9 is next gen. They won't be available to manufacturers for several months (given that GoPro owns so much of Ambarella, they _might_ have a leg up, but I don't think so.

If I were in the position of wanting to buy a GP3 right now, I'd wait until the Ambarella A7L hardware update happens (very soon).
That 'fix' should take care of all the problems.
I'd expect a couple of months til it happens.

So...if I need a camera right now maybe get a cheap Silver or Hero2? That Ambarella looks unbelievable.

The A9 chip is impressive, but there is a _whole_ lot more to the conversation than just the processor. Imager, glass.
I'm not a fan of 'betting on the come." Buy what you need when you need it. A lot of people waited on the GP Black, and look what it bought them?

The A9 chip is impressive, but there is a _whole_ lot more to the conversation than just the processor. Imager, glass.
I'm not a fan of 'betting on the come." Buy what you need when you need it. A lot of people waited on the GP Black, and look what it bought them?

Betting on the come...Ahh I remember "Man the Sony PC7 is gonna be awesome...and only $1700!

Just got a GP3 Black. Took me about 10 seconds to locate a very annoying bug that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere. When I go into the settings to change video resolution or whatever, it will randomly jump out of the settings menu and back to recording mode before I can finish adjusting the settings.

I immediately updated to latest firmware, and the bug persists.

Has anybody else seen this one? Not a dealbreaker since if I try 3 or 4 times eventually I'll get the settings done in time, before a random "cancel." But very irritating.

I make all GP3B changes using the wifi to my cell phone. Haven't had a problem doing it that way.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I think the primary reason is the camera is not fully booted up yet. When the GOPRO starts it boots a few different cores and it seems the display shows before it really should. Give it a few second count after turning it on before switching through menus. That is what I've seen work.

I don't think it's that. Even 5 minutes after power on I've seen this happen repeatedly. :|
www.WingsuitPhotos.com