jumpsalot-2

cx110 low audio volume

Using my cx110 for tandem vids, during any interviews, my voice is at a fair volume (could be louder). The people I'm interviewing are 5 to 10 feet from me, and some can barely be heard. I realize some are just soft spoken, and oncoming wind noise might be diluting the audio. I set the mic(s) to "zoom mic" daily. It doesn't help. I don't see another adjustment mode. I use a box on my helmet, but have drilled two large holes ( 3/8" ) in front of the two mics. The two mics seem to be fully exposed and face forward. Any suggestions ? Thanks, Mike
Life is short ... jump often.

Set the level to "normal" in the menu. This applies compression. However, if there is a box/housing on the camera, then sounds within the box will be made to be as loud as sounds outside the box.

"Zoom" is merely a frequency notch, there is no "zoom" with microphones like there is with glass/lenses, so this feature isn't helping you.

Thanks for the reply. I have experimented with "normal volume", just yesterday (Sunday) in fact, and at other times. I'll go back to normal volume for awhile and see how things go. I've been using this cam for tandem vids for a full year and have tried everything I could think of or read in the manual, and the volume problem persists....[:/]

I enlarged the two existing 3/8" holes from in front of the two mics, and opened the lower front of the box. It is now one long rectangle maybe 1 1/4" wide by a 1/2 tall. Both mics are now FULLY exposed. I shot three tandem vids today, and the volume on the finished product is loud and clear........although one guy was so nervous he could barely get out a whisper during interviews.........until after he landed.....:)

I enlarged the two existing 3/8" holes from in front of the two mics, and opened the lower front of the box. It is now one long rectangle maybe 1 1/4" wide by a 1/2 tall. Both mics are now FULLY exposed. I shot three tandem vids today, and the volume on the finished product is loud and clear........although one guy was so nervous he could barely get out a whisper during interviews.........until after he landed.....:)

Thanks for letting us know, and congrats on finding the cure!