Squeak

Video head

Protek mounted camera in freefall, talk about shake. Got to love when a company makes a demo video in really bad light that makes the camera look crappy. In some of the shots looks like the camera is actually smudged or perhaps its just that poor of quality. No specs listed on the actual camera but yet its HD version is 199 and 720P is 119 and VGA is 65. Hell a camera and a helmet for $65 bucks, not a bad deal, just probably not for us. (But I've been wrong before)
Trunk's Blog
HYPOXIC's Instagram
Like HYPOXIC

Protek mounted camera in freefall, talk about shake. Got to love when a company makes a demo video in really bad light that makes the camera look crappy. In some of the shots looks like the camera is actually smudged or perhaps its just that poor of quality. No specs listed on the actual camera but yet its HD version is 199 and 720P is 119 and VGA is 65. Hell a camera and a helmet for $65 bucks, not a bad deal, just probably not for us. (But I've been wrong before)

I was hoping you'd chime in Mark, any chance something like that could be done WITH a skydiving helmet. An integrated system like that would be the ducks nuts.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

any chance something like that could be done WITH a skydiving helmet. An integrated system like that would be the ducks nuts.

Piece of piss. Mount this into your lid. Only thing missing is the battery. It's so small it might fit in a pocket for a pro track. Butcher the camera mount to make it fully integrated rather than protruding. Slight snag at the mo is that you'd have to remove the SD card but that could be fixed.

They're coming up with a 1080p version soon which is what I'm waiting for.

Cheers

Adam.

any chance something like that could be done WITH a skydiving helmet. An integrated system like that would be the ducks nuts.

Piece of piss. Mount this into your lid. Only thing missing is the battery. It's so small it might fit in a pocket for a pro track. Butcher the camera mount to make it fully integrated rather than protruding. Slight snag at the mo is that you'd have to remove the SD card but that could be fixed.

They're coming up with a 1080p version soon which is what I'm waiting for.

Cheers

Adam.

this is the info I got on these

yes, it is coming out in Spring.
Key Features:
Full HD recording
10pin Port for connecting FPV accessories of the FlyCamOne HD series
HDMI Out
Mode configuration through SD card (design your own setup menu)
And many more

should be interesting

until you see footage from the camera, it's all merely measurbation over numbers.
There are only a couple of chip manufacturers that provide the back end for these types of cameras; they all have the same back-end potential.

It all comes down to whether they're all glass, all polycarb, or how they blend glass/poly carb for the best image, and then how they manage tuning for the codec, battery, and storage device.
All that will depend on the price point + quantities they're targeting.