NvyZero

Optik illusion helmet

I plan on shooting tandems soon with video and stills!
Ive been looking into this helmet and i am wondering if this is a good helmet for doing this. What are the pros and cons, and what is the most ideal set up for the still camera and the video camera!
Thank you for your advice!!!

Bonehead makes great products. The Optik is only going to work if you plan to side mount one camera, as the top platform is really small.

In any case, there's a ton of work to be done to any camera set-up. None of them come 'out of the box' ready to run, there are no mounts or holes drilled on the helmet. You'l need to chose the exact mounting locations, the type of mounts, how/where to run the wires/switches etc.

How you set up the helmet will have a lot to do with how well it works for you. Take the time to study other camera helmets at your DZ, and really think about yours before you start drilling. Get all the parts front of you, and mock them up in different configurations to see what seems like it makes the most sense. Think about things like keep the helmet compact, the weight centered, and maintaining access to buttons/switches and card slots.

Per the BH website, the Illusion has a 4"x6" mounting surface on top. Depending on the cameras the OP intends to use, that might be enough real estate. More mounting area can be created by adding an L top plate that bolts to the top and side mounting surfaces.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I really think you should consider a Tonfly helmet. I have a CC1 with a SLR and a Gopro2 mounted and I will soon be having a CX-115 on the side as well. Everything looks very neat, the mounting system works like a charm, and it's a really nice fitting helmet. I don't know how it compares in price, but in all cases it's worth a look.

I have a Canon 60D and CX100 side by side on top of my Optik Illusion. Works great. Also have a Zskullz mount on the side that lets me hook up a third camera or flash bar.

May I ask if you have a picture of that setup?

Thanks