taz9420

CX 150 replacement

CX760 would be the US model of the CX730. I bought one but I haven't jumped it yet. It has a 53mm? lens thread, but I think it is going to be wide enough without wide angle lenses. I do need to get a filter for it though.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Trunk has a page somewhere showing how to add threads to the CX190 series (think it's up to like the 230?). That's my current back up plan if mine die. Off to a meeting, but will try to find the link.

No OIS, really small, and like 300 bucks. Seems like a good play if you add the threads (epoxy and step up rings and a little tinkering).

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666517927#features

I could just find t hat it had Image Stabilization, but didn't see if it was EIS or OIS. 250 bucks MSRP.... might be a good choice if it is EIS.

The CX190's are down to 200 bucks on amazon right now.

Does anyone have any experience with the Sony CX410 in skydiving? I've found some reviews which suggest it's an okay camera and a little bit of footage, but none of it is skydiving related and none of it are direct comparisons with other cameras.

I'm looking for a camera that offers a step upwards on video quality as compared to the various action cameras available. The CX730 mentioned above looks awesome, but that one is no longer sold and the EUR 1.000 price tag is a bit outside the range I am looking for.

I'm also wondering how the video quality of the CX410 compares to the Gopro Hero 3, as they are roughly in a similar price range.