bigjonwa

HDR-PJ10 question

I have a HDR-PJ10 that im having problems with getting a good video. The camera is mounted on a flattop vapor.The video seems very shaky so in an attempt to correct this problem i have done the following but with no luck....

- Tightened all mounts and made sure nothing is loose
- Tried shooting with stabilization in ACTIVE mode and STANDARD.
-Havent tried with stabilization completely off yet.

The video seems to be at the worst when i am filming belly down, flat and stable but once im in a track or glide, it seems to smooth out a bit...

Are there some setting im missing? I think i have read in the owners manual that the camera can sense when it is falling and protects the hard drive when it feels this.. Could turning that feature off possibly solve this?

Any help is appreciated.

Why are you using a camera with OIS for skydiving?

You want a camera without optical stabilisation for skydiving, because it causes the problems you describe (even when you turn it off). Buy a camera with EIS instead of OIS, and get one of the CX series cameras they are proven to work for skydivers. The CX190, CX200 and the CX210 f.i. work beter for skydivers.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Are there any steps i can take to minimizing the problems? Maybe putting the camera in a box to prevent air buffering or am i pretty much s.o.l. and need a totally different camera?

Well I know some people have superglued the lenses of their OIS cameras.... :|

ciel bleu,
Saskia