cjsgrlsx3

GoPro to GoPro comparison

I just received the GoPro 3 White edition but currently own the GoPro 2. Can anyone tell me the specific advantages of owning and using the GoPro 3 versus the GoPro 2? I see what the Black edition has to offer but wondering about the White edition. Anyone see better quality with the White edition over the GoPro 2? Thanks for your help.

White ~ roughly GoPro 1
Silver ~ Roughly GoPro 2
Black ~ Only one worth spending money on anymore ;)

not true, a friend just bought a GP2 including WiFi back (i.e. a GP3 Silver) for under $200 for the sort of stuff that "most" skydivers use, the GP2 is more than adequate. and for under $200, the GP2 in my mind is a better value for money buy.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My main reason for getting the 3 black, is smaller housing, more mp stills, a remote, so no more , is it on or off, wrist remote used as a cameye.
Won't stop the camera from freezing up or getting a mind of its own.
But like alot of people in europe have found, if it needs to be sent to gopro, you could be in for a very long wait, up to 3 months in some cases.

Well, I had issues with mine too. Not the same as you posted, JT: mine would freeze when powering it up; it would start turning on, show the camera icon, and stay there. Nothihng else, and had to take the battery off to restart it. It would do it fairly often. I did a full format, reset, reinstall, and it did reduce the number of time it did it, but still had issues.

A couple weeks ago, I installed the new SW update, and, it seems to be working fine now.
Remster

New software update seems to have fixed a few, certainly not all the cams.
I have one that is working correctly now, and another that isn't. Both have the same updates applied.
Perhaps when they send the next update (that allegedly kills 4K), we'll have a working model.

I have a 3 Black that worked fine out of the box, and works fine with the latest update.

My first 3 Silver died in infancy, but its replacement has been fine.

Seems the QC needs attention - some clearly defective items are slipping through.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.