buyaka96

Video management on MAC

BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front): Does anyone have any suggestions for a AVCHD movie file management database system for MAC? I would like something similar to PMB for windows that won't crash my MAC and doesn't want to try and convert files to .MOV and keeps it in either native .MTS or whatever.

OK... so 3 years later and many editing systems, programs, and the advent of small format videos, I'm still having a rough time finding a decent file management system for MAC without having to manually import, save, rename, and archive raw video files from my Sony CX. I use Aperture for my Gopro files all the time and it does it absolutely well. But I can't find a program to archive CX files in either .MTS or native format for archiving. I absolutely despise having to convert AVCHD files to .MOV on my MAC unless I absolutely have to when I'm editing clips.

V/R
Bam

BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front): Does anyone have any suggestions for a AVCHD movie file management database system for MAC? I would like something similar to PMB for windows that won't crash my MAC and doesn't want to try and convert files to .MOV and keeps it in either native .MTS or whatever.

OK... so 3 years later and many editing systems, programs, and the advent of small format videos, I'm still having a rough time finding a decent file management system for MAC without having to manually import, save, rename, and archive raw video files from my Sony CX. I use Aperture for my Gopro files all the time and it does it absolutely well. But I can't find a program to archive CX files in either .MTS or native format for archiving. I absolutely despise having to convert AVCHD files to .MOV on my MAC unless I absolutely have to when I'm editing clips.

V/R
Bam

If you're just looking to download the files and keep them organized, write an AppleScript for it.

If you're looking for more than that, I wish you the best of luck.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

I have Mountain Lion and FCP X. Does premiere have that option to archive and manage transcoded AVCHD files similar to PMB for windows? I read the site about Premiere but still not sure what it really does other than import, find, read, and skim other video files.

Premiere CS series will manage the videos thru Bridge. You don't need to transcode. (nor for FCPX, either. Only Studio and older versions of the OS require it).
There is nothing on the Mac quite like PMB, but Adobe Bridge is very close.