IMGR2

CX-100 on its highest HD setting?

If it plays at all, you have the appropriate plugins/codecs installed. Decoding video streams requires lots of computational power, and if it's not able to keep up, you see the results you're seeing. I have the same problem on an older (Windows) laptop I own.

The only real solutions using the existing laptop is to shoot at lower bit rate settings, or trans-code the original to a lower bit rate file for playback on that machine, which will preserver the original HD file.

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

you should be able to have both.
I frequently do. Tandem videos are often SD, other things HD. The camera properly references both the TS folder and the Stream folder.
Your laptop should show both as well.
If you have an older laptop, CPU cycles may not be fast enough to decode HD, regardless of bitrate.
It's also quite possible that an antivirus is preventing full frame playback.
Also, be sure nothing is running in the background (email, other memory-eating tasks)

DSE, you have way more experience than I do so no disrespect. I did it again, shot both an SD and HD video and when I hook up the camera to my laptop(Macbook), my laptop will only see the SD files and can't even see the HD files.
Not sure if the laptop is configured wrong or IMovie is setup wrong but I have a working configuration as long as all thats on the chip is just HD files, so I am ok with that because I have no intentions of shooting SD video any longer.

Thank you for everyones input.

I am running Snow Leopard. Tried to load Snow Lion but it wont because I have a regular macbook and not a Pro.
I even tried to force my laptop to unlock 64 bit kernel.
I do have an Intel Core 2 Duo but Apple locked the regular macbooks so you can't turn on 64 bit kernel. And to load Snow Lion requires to have 64 bit kernel.

Well with that all being said, still happy that I have everything working and HD videos can be imported now.