LiborJanicek

recording voice during freefall

Has anyone here ever recorded human dialog during freefall? For my first try I'm going to use an Audio-Technica’s high-SPL BP892-TH MicroSet and plug it into a voice recorder.

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wired_mics/1863f81405099eac/index.html

We'll be recording the dialog with a open face helmet during a wingsuit flight & Skyak flight. During the Skyak jump we are pretty comfortable that we'll have better success with getting cleaner audio. During the wingsuit jump who know how well it'll come out.

Let me know if u have any tips. THX

Let me know if u have any tips

With your jump numbers, I would suggest taking your attention away from cameras, microphones and audio recorders and focusing on your jumps, especially when dealing with things like wingsuits and 'skyaks', but I'm sure that's not what you want to hear.

been done.;)

Good luck with an open face. This was a phased system, worked reasonably well. I use AT wireless systems for coaching. Open face is difficult, noise is unfortunately not constant so FFT doesn't work very well.

Be close, be aware there is as much wind from above (burble) as below the mic/mask/chincup. Proximity is everything.