wingit

Best Full HD lens for cx110-cx150? .55 and .3....

It sounds like you want to spend some cash, so you may not like this answer. For the best quality image possible, don't go sticking any additional glass in front of the high quality lens that Sony installed in your camera.

The 110 already has a wide lens, and no matter how much cash you spend you will only degrade the image from there. It depends of course what you are shooting, and your ability to fly and keep your subject in frame. If you like ghosts and flare and less resolution then a wide adapter is what you want!

I never use my .5 anymore for 4way or tandems. I just don`t need it. The only time I need an adapter lens is inside video. In that case I need as wide as reasonably possible, which for me is a Opteka .3 fisheye. I hear that the Century ``Baby Death``is better. But not 3 times better,which is what it costs. You could get yourself one of those to impress your friends!

I`m sure others will have more helpful suggestions for you. Good luck and try to do more fun than work if you can.

Ken
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

I bought this for my cx-150 for shooting tandems.

Century Precision Optics
DS-55WA-37 0.55x Wide Angle Adapter (37mm)

It'll run you $100 from B&H photo.

If you want to protect it (recommended), for $38 you can get a UV filter (43mm UV Haze 010 F-Pro MRC Filter)

I love B&H photo for buying this stuff. Highly recommended.

Hope this helps
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

Depending on exactly what you are using it for, you might look at the Sony .8. I shoot 2 cameras for 4 way comp, and needed a wide angle for my 2nd camera (have the century .55 on my main camera). I didn't want to spend a ton on $, so I tried out the .8X.

I haven't done any DSE style testing on it (because I dont know how to, ha!) but I can say I've been very impressed with the lens and I am actually using it more for my primary footage now. Image quality seems razor sharp with great colors. For 4 way, and the way I fly i think it actually gives gives a better angle than the .55 does. I think it would be great for 4 way, 8 way, Big way, and tandems. Not so much for inside footage.

Very very happy with it so far. Maybe soon I'll post some videos showing the .55 and the .8 running at the same time (or at least some screen grabs).

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-VCLHGE08B-Wide-End-Conversion-Camcorders/dp/B0033WTQPC

60 bucks....

I bought this for my cx-150 for shooting tandems.

Century Precision Optics
DS-55WA-37 0.55x Wide Angle Adapter (37mm)

It'll run you $100 from B&H photo.

If you want to protect it (recommended), for $38 you can get a UV filter (43mm UV Haze 010 F-Pro MRC Filter)

I love B&H photo for buying this stuff. Highly recommended.

unless you are putting a top of the line filter on the lens you might as well be putting a SD lens on the camera. Filters can degrade the quality of image shown

Hope this helps