velocityphoto

Bad go pro audio?

I have a go pro 1 and go pro 2 on a double glove and the audio is horrible. I tried a piece of terry cloth and also a piece of neoprene taped over top the microphone and its still terrible! i have mostly wind noise with very little if any voice (even under the canopy) Any ideas?

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

Got a link to the mic? and is it powered by the go pro battery or external battery?

I've been using a Sony external mic. There are many mics out there for cheap, but they break easily. The Sony one is bombproof, and that's what you need for a handcam glove. No external power is needed.

mic:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/334837-REG/Sony_ECMCS10_ECM_CS10_Stereo_Lavalier_Microphone.html

sample video with this mic mounted to glove using supertack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVf6Qwejd0E&list=UUv7GKQYAgxd1xMFS6PurLsw&index=6&feature=plcp

edit to add: btw, if you use this mic, wrap a piece of mic foam around it before mounting to your glove. You can get mic foam for a large mic at Radio Shack, then cut a piece to suitable size.

Chris

I tried the mic and still same problem, didn't improve it at all. We have been having to refund money due to this issue and it sucks! I'm in the process of trying to get go pro to replace my cameras, we'll see how that goes? I don't think i should have to buy new cameras over this though.

A friend will bail you out of jail , a REAL friend will be sitting next to you in the cell slapping your hand saying "DUDE THAT WAS AWSUM " ................

I tried the mic and still same problem, didn't improve it at all. We have been having to refund money due to this issue and it sucks! I'm in the process of trying to get go pro to replace my cameras, we'll see how that goes? I don't think i should have to buy new cameras over this though.

Can you upload a pic of the mic attached to your glove?

Try this mic. It is $16 on Amazon. I use it on my handcam videos and it works great. It is directional so when it is tilted toward the student in the aircraft it cancels out some of the engine noise.
http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-ME-52W-Noise-Canceling-Microphone/dp/B000MYPPPE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_4