ryoder

You can have it any color you like...

Our DZO has flown BigAir stuff since 'forever' and will be VERY happy to hear of the "Henry Ford Theory" application. I think Brian's position is quite sensible from a manufacturing and marketing persepctive... and if the Sensei truly is a category-killer one of three things will happen: either (a) 'sponsored swoopers' will (eventually be allowed to) pay a (relatively) high price for custom orders or (b) consider themselves sort-of sponsored by flying the Big Air colours or (c) lose. Any which way, it is clear that parachute design is quickly evolving to match the damands of those on the sport's cutting edge. Maybe someday I'll get there. In the mean time I owe it to myself to look at a Lotus alongside a Sabre 2 ...

-Dave

Life is very short and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend (Lennon/McCartney)

Lotus alongside a Sabre 2

I would do that - I love my Lotus, and if you're buying new, they're about the same price. The only question is do you want airlocks? Personally, I like airlocks, but that is a personal preference.

I'm also happy to hear about the Shogun - I always feel uncomfortable recommending the Lotus to first-time buyers with few jumps. I don't know why, because it opens and lands better than the tris and specters I've flown, but I think there's a concern about recommending 9-cell canopies to newer jumpers. It will be nice to have an air-locked 7-cell on the market for new jumpers that want that technology.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD